Zucchini Quiche Recipe
- 1 (9 inches) ready-made unbaked pie crust
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound zucchini, thinly sliced
- ½ cup carrots, diced
- ½ cup mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup baby corn, cut into ¼-inch thick slices
- ½ cup asparagus tips, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 5 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup half and half
- ¾ teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ground black pepper to taste
- ¾ cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Fit pie crust onto a 9-inch pie or tart pan. Prick bottom with fork tines. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350°F. Continue baking crust for another 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Pour canola oil in a pan and set over medium heat. Stir-fry zucchini, carrots, mushrooms, baby corn and asparagus tips until tender, about 3 to 5 minutes, drizzling with a little water, if needed, to prevent from burning.
- Remove from heat. Spoon 2/3 of vegetable mixture onto pre-baked crust. Sprinkle with Mozzarella. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs until frothy and pale. Whisk in ricotta, sour cream, half and half, salt oregano, basil, garlic powder and ground pepper. Pour over vegetables in crust. Top with remaining cooked vegetables and sprinkle with Swiss cheese.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until center is set and tester inserted comes out clean. Remove pan from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve right away.
- To ensure that asparagus and baby corn are cooked, blanch them in boiling water for 2 to 2 to 3 minutes, then drain well. The same goes for cauliflower or beans, if you desire to use them in this recipe.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 26, 2016 8:17 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizers and snacks • breakfast • brunch • Eggs • Fruit and Vegetable • quiche • quiche appetizers • quiche recipes • snacks • vegetarian quiche • vegetarian quiche recipes • zucchini • zucchini quiche • Zucchini Quiche Recipe • zucchini quiche recipes • zucchini recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!