- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons plain mayonnaise or yogurt, room temperature
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ¼ cup red onions, minced
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded
- ¼ cup Swiss cheese, grated
- Beat eggs until pale and frothy. Beat in mayonnaise or yogurt, salt, pepper, basil and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Sauté onions until tender, about 2 minutes. Add zucchini and continue stirring for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Pour in all of the beaten egg mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Cook, stirring slightly, for 3 to 5 minutes until ingredients are combine and bottom is set and browned. Transfer to a plate and serve right away.
- Makes 2 to 4 servings.
- You may also add chopped spinach, ripe, seeded tomatoes or chopped red/green bell peppers into the pan before adding the beaten eggs.
- For a baked option, spoon sautéed vegetables into a ungreased muffin pan, about ½ full. Spoon beaten egg mixture over vegetables and sprinkle top with cheese. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 15 to 25 minutes until eggs are set and cheese is melted. Serve with warm toast.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of January 23, 2017 4:22 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: breakfast • breakfast recipes • brunch • brunch recipes • egg recipes • Eggs • Fruit and Vegetable • Omelette • omelette recipes • omelettes • Recipes • zucchini • Zucchini Omelette • Zucchini Omelette Recipe
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!