- 2 cups graham crackers, broken into pieces
- 1/3 cup pecans, lightly toasted
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons orange liqueur
- 1 cup zucchini, finely shredded and drained
- ½ cup carrots, peeled and grated
- 1-¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ cup pecans, lightly toasted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 13x9x2-inch rectangular pan and line with baking paper. Set aside.
- Combine together graham crackers, pecans and sugar in a food processor. Process until grahams and pecans and fine. Add butter and continue processing until mixture resembles a coarse meal. Press onto the bottom of buttered pan. Chill until needed.
- Cream butter until smooth. Beat in sugar until fluffy and light. Beat in egg, orange zest and liqueur. Remove from mixer. Stir in zucchini and carrots. Set aside.
- Combine together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Gradually stir into zucchini mixture until just incorporated. Spread over chilled crust. Sprinkle top with chopped pecans, pressing down lightly until nuts adhere to zucchini layer.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until tester inserted comes out clean. Remove pan from oven and cool on a wire rack. Cut before serving.
- If desired, add chopped chocolates to zucchini layer ingredients.
- For a chocolate crust, reduce grahams to 1-¾ cups and add 1/3 cup sifted dark cocoa powder to ingredients. Pre-bake crust for 10 to 15 minutes before adding zucchini layer. Follow the rest of the recipe as instructed.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 25, 2016 6:29 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: baking • Baking and Confections • bar cookie recipes • bar cookies • cookie recipes • cookies • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Fruit and Vegetable • Recipes • zucchini • zucchini bar cookies • zucchini bar recipes • Zucchini Bars • zucchini cookies • zucchini desserts
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!