Zesty Pita Chips
- 6 pieces (6 inches each) pita breads
- Olive oil, for spraying
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1-½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- ¼ teaspoons ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line two to three rimmed rectangular baking pans with parchment or baking paper. Set aside.
- Split each piece of pita into 2, making 2 rounds per pita. Cut each round into 6 to 8 wedges. Lightly spray with olive oil until just coated. Do not use too much oil. Set aside.
- Combine together lemon juice, Italian seasoning, paprika, garlic powder, thyme, salt and pepper. Place combined seasonings in a deep dish or pan. Add pita wedges and toss lightly until well coated.
- Spread over baking or parchment paper and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Rotate pan(s) halfway through the process to ensure that all chips are baked through.
- Transfer chips on wire racks and allow to cool slightly. Serve warm.
- Instead of cutting pita into wedges, you can also cut them into 2x2-inch squares for a different effect. If pita were cut into squares, gently toss contents of pan before rotating and reduce cooking time to 8 to 10 minutes.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 27, 2016 6:36 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer recipes • appetizers • appetizers and snacks • chip recipes • chips • pita chip recipes • pita chips • Recipes • snack recipes • snacks • Zesty Pita Chips • zesty pita chips recipe
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!