Yellow Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 box (15 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- ½ cup dry roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with waxed paper. Set aside.
- Whisk together yellow cake mix, shortening, corn oil, eggs, fresh orange juice, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix well and sprinkle with oats and peanuts.
- With buttered hands, form dough into ball and roll out with a floured rolling pin to about 1/3 to ½-inch thickness. Cut with floured cookie cutters of your desired shapes or sizes. Place on prepared sheets, about 2 inches apart and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly golden. Cool on sheets for 5 minutes and cool completely on wire racks. Frost cookies as desired.
- For craft ideas, cut dough with ghost-shaped cutters and punch a hole on the “head” portion or prop on popsicle sticks. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes and allow to cool completely. Frost with white vanilla frosting, dot with black licorice for eyes and use as theme decorations for Halloween.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 26, 2016 8:17 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: baking • Baking and Confections • Cake • cake mix cookie recipes • cake mix cookies • Cookie • cookie recipes • cookies • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Holiday Cookies • Recipe • Recipes • Yellow Cake Mix Cookies • yellow cake mix cookies recipe
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!