White Chocolate Truffles
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 16 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 ounces white chocolate, for coating
- Pour heavy cream in a pan and set over medium heat. Allow to simmer, but do not boil. Remove from heat and pour over 16 ounces white chocolate. Allow to stand for 10 to 15 minutes or until chocolate is completely melted. If cream had cooled and chocolate pieces are still chunky, microwave on high at 30-second intervals, stirring lightly, until completely melted. Stir in vanilla and almond extracts.
- Place white chocolate mixture in the refrigerator for 30 to 45 minutes or until firm enough to shape into balls. Use a melon baller or teaspoon to scoop out the mixture. Arrange in a wax paper-lined baking sheet or tray. Chill for 1 to 2 hours, up to 4 hours, until firm.
- Meanwhile, place 6 ounces white chocolate in a heat-proof bowl and set over a pan of barely simmering water. Do not let the bottom of bowl touch the water. Stir until completely melted.
- Dip chilled balls in the melted chocolate and return to the wax paper-lined sheet. Chill for 4 hours, or overnight, until coating is completely set. Serve cold.
- You can dip truffles in milk or semi-sweet chocolate, if desired. Or, you can omit the white chocolate coating and roll balls in sifted cocoa powder right after shaping. Another variation is drizzle truffles with melted dark chocolate after dipping in white chocolate.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 24, 2016 8:08 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Baking and Confections • Chocolate • chocolate desserts • chocolate recipes • chocolate truffles • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Recipes • Truffle • truffle recipes • truffles • white chocolate • white chocolate candy • white chocolate desserts • white chocolate recipes • White Chocolate Truffles • white chocolate truffles recipe
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!