White Chocolate Cheesecake
- 20 ounces white chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 3 large egg whites
- dash of cream of tartar
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar
- 1-½ cups cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup unflavored yogurt
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Lightly coat a 9-inch springform pan with butter-flavored cooking spray. Wrap bottom and outside of pan with foil. Set aside.
- Place white chocolate pieces in a microwave-resistant bowl. Melt chocolate on medium power in 30-second intervals, stirring it in between. Set aside to cool.
- Beat egg whites over medium speed until frothy. Add cream of tartar and gradually adjust speed to high, continuing to beat until egg whites form stiff peaks. Gradually add sugar, about 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time, beating well after each addition. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese on medium speed until smooth, about 5 minutes. Beat in sour cream, yogurt, rum and vanilla extract. Beat in egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in cooled white chocolate. Remove bowl from mixer. Fold 1/3 of stiffly beaten egg whites into cream cheese mixture until blended. Fold in remaining egg whites.
- Pour cream cheese mixture into foil-wrapped pan and spread evenly.
- Pour enough hot water into a baking pan large enough to accommodate the springform pan. Hot water should be enough that it would not dry up during the entire baking time. Place springform pan into larger baking pan. Bake for 1 hour without opening the oven door.
- Turn oven off after 1 hour, keeping the oven door closed. Leave cheesecake inside the oven until oven cools, about an hour. Remove pan from oven and allow cheesecake to cool completely in pan. Chill overnight. Once cake is ready to serve, run a thin knife or spatula alo9ng the sides of pan. Remove sides of pan. Cut cake into wedges before serving.
- Drizzle cake with fruit coulis or warmed fruit jam. Hot fudge sauce or ice cream topping can also be used.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 23, 2016 8:04 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Baking and Confections • Cheesecake • cheesecakes • Chocolate • chocolate cheesecake • chocolate desserts • chocolate recipes • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • white chocolate • White Chocolate Cheesecake • white chocolate desserts • white chocolate recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!