- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons hot tabasco sauce
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- ¼ cup onions, minced
- ½ cup ham, diced
- ¼ cup green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated (optional)
- Beat eggs until frothy. Beat in milk, tabasco sauce, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper (if using) until blended. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Sauté onions until wilted, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add ham and stir-fry until cooked, about 2 to 3 minutes more. Stir in green and red bell peppers. Cook for 1 minute or until tender. Pour beaten eggs into pan and stir until eggs are set and well-combined with the other ingredients.
- Transfer to a plate and top with grated cheese, if desired.
- Makes 1 to 2 servings.
- If desired, you may choose to beat the grated cheese into the egg mixture or sprinkle it into pan once egg is added. Western-style omelettes traditionally do not include cheese, however, it is an option you can choose to add. Sriracha can also be used instead of Tabasco sauce.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of December 10, 2016 1:02 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!