- 1-½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, diced and chilled
- 2 to 4 tablespoons ice water
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- ¼ cup onion, minced
- ¼ cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup yellow squash, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup zucchini, diced
- ¼ cup corn kernels
- ¼ cup red bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 5 large eggs
- 1-1/3 cups heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Combine together flour, sugar, salt and butter in a food processor. Pulse until crumbly. Add half the water. Process until water is incorporated. Drizzle remaining water, a little at a time, until dough holds together. Turn out onto a floured surface. Place between two sheets of waxed paper. Chill for 10 minutes.
- Roll out dough to about ½-inch thick and loosely fit over an ungreased 9-inch tart or pie dish. Chill for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Remove dough (in pan) from oven and allow to rest for 3 to 5 minutes. Bake for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- Pour oil in a pan over medium heat. Sauté garlic, until fragrant but not browned. Add onion. Continue stirring for 3 minutes or until wilted. Add mushrooms, squash and zucchini. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, with occasional stirring. Add corn and bell pepper. Season with a pinch each of salt and ground pepper.
- Remove from heat and spoon vegetables over pre-baked crust.
- Whisk eggs until frothy and pale. Carefully whisk in cream, thyme, remaining salt and pepper. Pour over sautéed vegetables, and top with cheese.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until center is set and tester inserted comes out clean. Allow quiche to rest for 10 minutes in pan, on a wire rack, before slicing. Cut into wedges and serve while hot.
- Other vegetables you can use for this recipe are: chayote, beans, Brussels sprouts, spinach, eggplants, tomatoes, turnips, radishes, leeks, asparagus, horseradish, water chestnuts, etc.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 21, 2016 7:51 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer recipes • appetizers • appetizers and snacks • breakfast • brunch • Cheese • Egg • quiche • quiche recipes • Vegetable Quiche • vegetable quiche recipe • vegetable recipes • vegetables • vegetarian • vegetarian quiche • vegetarian quiche recipes • vegetarian recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!