Vanilla Chiffon Cake
- 5 large yolks
- ¾ cup granulated white sugar, processed until fine (divided)
- ¼ cup corn oil
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1-¼ 1cups cake flour, sifted
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 large egg whites
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon rum
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Whisk together egg yolks and about 3 tablespoons sugar until creamy and light. Beat in corn oil, milk and vanilla paste. Beat until well-blended. Set aside.
- Combine together flour, baking powder and salt. Sift once. Make a well in the center and our in milk mixture. Whisk until blended. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites on high speed until creamy. Add cream of tartar and continue beating until it reaches soft peak stage. Gradually add remaining sugar, a few tablespoons at a time, while beating continuously and scraping the bottom and sides of the bowl. Beat in rum.
- Add about ¼ of the egg white mixture into the egg yolk mixture and fold in until no white streaks are visible. Repeat the procedure until all of the egg white mixture was incorporated, in about 2 to 3 additions.
- Pour batter into an 8-inch tube pan and tap gently on countertop to release any air pockets. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until tester inserted comes out clean.
- Invert tube pan over a bottle and allow cake to cool completely, at least 70 to 90 minutes. Run a spatula or thin knife along the sides of pan to loosen cake. Transfer onto a serving platter and decorate or garnish as desired. Cut into wedges before serving.
- You can use either vanilla extract or essence or vanilla pod to add flavor to the cake. IF using vanilla, pod, scrape seed and add to milk with the pod. Allow to boil for 1 minute and remove from heat. Allow to cool completely. Discard vanilla pod and follow the rest of the recipe instructions to complete the cake.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of December 7, 2016 10:41 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: baking • Baking and Confections • Cake • cake recipes • Cakes • Chiffon Cake • chiffon cake recipes • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Recipes • vanilla cake • vanilla cake recipes • Vanilla Chiffon Cake • vanilla chiffon cake recipe • vanilla dessert • vanilla dessert recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!