Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
This Vanilla Bean Ice Cream recipe is perfect by itself, sandwiched between two cookies or as the main ingredient in an ice cream cake.
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 8oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 vanilla beans, split in half and seeds scraped loose
- 1 8oz tub of Cool Whip or any whipped cream topping
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring together whole milk, condensed milk, sugar and salt; stir frequently until sugar is dissolved.
- Add in the vanilla bean seeds and the vanilla bean shells. Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid. Simmer the milk liquid for about 15 to 20 minutes to bring out the full vanilla flavor, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and let the mixture cool down to room temperature, stirring occasionally to avoid lumps and separation.
- Remove the vanilla bean shells. Slowly fold in the cool whip, or whichever whipped topping you chose. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour into your ice cream center freeze and follow your ice cream maker’s instructions to complete this recipe.
- If you cannot find vanilla beans, you can substitute an additional 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract for the vanilla beans in this recipe, however, the vanilla extract will create a less prominent vanilla flavored ice cream.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 30, 2016 6:40 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Frozen • frozen dessert recipes • frozen desserts • ice cream • ice cream recipes • Recipes • vanilla • Vanilla Bean Ice Cream • Vanilla Bean Ice Cream Recipe
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!