- 1-½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- ¼ cup shortening, chilled and cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded, chopped and drained
- 1 coarse teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup herbed Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Combine together flours, salt, butter and shortening in a food processor. Process until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add water, adding a few drops at a time, until dough holds together. Turn dough out on a floured surface. Pat into a flat disc. Wrap in plastic and chill for 10 minutes.
- Roll out dough and loosely fit onto the bottom of a 10-inch pie or tart pan. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Sauté onion until wilted, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and thyme. Continue cooking until mixture is nearly dry, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove pan from heat. Allow to cool slightly.
- Beat eggs until frothy and pale. Brush bottom and sides of pastry with egg, until completely coated. Whisk half and half and sour cream with eggs. Set aside.
- Spread all of the Feta over egg-coated pastry. Top with cooked tomato mixture. Pour egg mixture over vegetables. Sprinkle top with Parmesan. Bake at 425°F for 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 320°F and continue baking for 35 to 40 minutes. Cover rims of crust with foil to prevent it from browning too much, if desired.
- Quiche should have a set top and tester inserted should come out clean. Allow to rest for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing. Cut into wedges and serve.
- You may also add sliced Kalamata olives, peppers, or pre-cooked diced shrimps to the filling ingredients.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 24, 2016 6:29 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer and snacks • appetizer recipes • breakfast • brunch • Eggs • Fruit and Vegetable • quiche • quiche appetizers • quiche recipes • Tomato • Tomato Quiche • tomato quiche recipe • tomato quiche recipes • tomato recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!