- 8 ounces tofu, drained and cut up
- ¼ cup light cream
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced and blanched in boiling salted water
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup onion, minced
- 1/3 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup Gruyere cheese, grated
- ½ cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 piece (9 inches) store bought pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine together tofu and cream in a food processor. Pulse until smooth. Add half of milk and continue processing, adding a little at a time, if needed, until creamy. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Toss together mushrooms, garlic, onion and cheeses. Spread onto the bottom of pie crust. Pour tofu mixture over mushroom-cheese mixture. Bake quiche for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set and tester inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing. Cut into wedges before serving.
- Other vegetables you can include in this recipe are: celery, kale, spinach, corn (kernels or baby corn, sliced), etc. If using vegetable such as corn or cauliflower, it is advisable to pre-cook the vegetables to tenderize them. Sautéing in a little oil or blanching in salted boiling water is a good way to pre-cook vegetables.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Death in Holy Orders (Adam Dalgliesh Mysteries Book 11)
From the award-winning master of literary crime fiction, a classic work rich in tense drama and psychological insight.On the East Anglian seacoast, a small theological college... read more →
Prices are accurate as of January 18, 2017 4:04 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer recipes • appetizers • appetizers and snacks • breakfast • brunch • Egg • pie • quiche • recipe for tofu quiche • Spinach • Tofu • Tofu Quiche • tofu quiche recipe • tofu recipes • vegetarian quiche • vegetarian quiche recipes • vegetarian recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!