- 1-¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons Kahlua or any coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- 2/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- ¾ cup pecans, lightly toasted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter until smooth. Beat in brown and white sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in Kahlua and vanilla.
- Combine together flour, espresso powder and salt. Sift once. Stir in milk chocolate chips and pecans.
- Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Mix until well-blended. Press onto a baking paper-lined 13x9x2-inch rectangular pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until tester inserted comes out clean.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack. Chill for at least 8 hours or overnight. Cut into bars or squares before serving.
- If desired, melt about 8 to 10 ounces dark chocolate and spread over cookie cake. Chill before cutting.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of January 17, 2017 4:03 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: baking • Baking and Confections • bar cookie recipes • bar cookies • cookie recipes • cookies • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Recipes • Taffy and Toffee • Toffee • toffee bar cookies • Toffee Bars • toffee bars recipe • toffee cookies • toffee desserts
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!