Toasted Pecan Butter Cookies
- 1-½ cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon butter pecan extract or almond extract
- 2-½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup pecans, toasted and finely chopped
- 1 egg white
- ½ cup pecans, halved and toasted (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets and set aside.
- Cream together butter, light brown sugar and granulated sugar over medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla and pecan (or almond) extracts.
- Combine together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Gradually sift over creamed mixture, about 1/3 to ½ cup at a time, beating after each addition until just incorporated. Do not over mix. Fold in chopped pecans.
- Form batter into 1-inch balls. Place on prepared cookie sheets. Flatten with fork tines, allowing at least 2 inches gaps in between cookies.
- Beat egg white until frothy. Dip pecan halves in egg white. Press pecans onto flattened cookies. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheets for 2 to 3 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Omit egg white and pecan halves. Increase chopped pecans to ¾ cup instead. Dust with confectioners’ sugar or granulated sugar before baking, if desired.
Bestselling Butter Cookies on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of January 23, 2017 3:34 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!