Strawberry Vanilla Cheesecake
- 1 cup shortbread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1 cup all-purpose cream
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, stems removed
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar
- ½ cup water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons rum
- 2 teaspoons corn starch, dissolved in
- 3 tablespoons water
- Lightly coat a 10-inch springform pan and line with baking paper. Set aside.
- Combine together crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Stir well until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Chill for at least 1 hour or until firm.
- Beat cream cheese on low speed until smooth and creamy. Increase speed to medium and add confectioners’ sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. Add lemon juice, vanilla and rum, beating well after adding each ingredient.
- Whip cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into cream cheese mixture until blended. Fold in diced strawberries. Spoon into chilled crust, smoothening top. Cover with foil or plastic wrap and chill for at least 8 hours or overnight until firm.
- Place strawberries, sugar, ½ cup water and lemon juice in a pan. Set pan over high heat. Allow to boil while stirring constantly.
- As soon as mixture boils, reduce heat to low. Continue cooking for 10 to 12 minutes, with constant stirring, until strawberries are soft. Use a wooden spoon to further break strawberries as cooking progresses.
- Once strawberries are very tender, remove pan from heat. Pass mixture through a fine strainer, mashing berries with a spoon or fork to further obtain juice. Discard any solid pulp. Return liquefied portion to pan and add rum. Set pan on low heat and allow to simmer. Pour in dissolved cornstarch, continuously stirring until thickened, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and pour glaze into a bowl. Allow to cool completely.
- Remove foil or plastic from springform pan. Run a knife along the sides of pan. Remove pan sides. Spoon glaze over cheesecake, allowing any excess to run down the sides of cake. Cut into wedges before serving.
- Garnish cheesecake with more strawberries, if desired. You may also sprinkle white chocolate shaving over glaze, as variation.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 29, 2016 6:39 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Baking and Confections • Cheesecake • cheesecake recipes • cheesecakes • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Recipes • strawberries • strawberry • strawberry cheesecake recipes • strawberry cheesecakes • strawberry desserts • strawberry recipes • Strawberry Vanilla Cheesecake • Vanilla Strawberry Cheesecake
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!