- 1 large California orange
- 2 handfuls fresh strawberries, hulled and stemmed
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup whole milk, well-chilled
- Juice of 1 blood orange or grapefruit
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar, or to taste
- 1 cup crushed ice
- ¼ cup frozen strawberries, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed, ground
- Grate the zest of the orange using a microplane. Take about 1 tablespoon of the grated zest and place in a blender. Remove any remaining peel, white pith and membranes. Using a sharp paring knife, make an incision on one of the segments, from the top to bottom. Use the tip of the knife to push out the juicy pulp (called suprême) and drop into the blender. Repeat with all the other orange segments. Add fresh strawberries into the blender and pulse for 1 to 2 minutes or until pureed.
- Pour in milk, blood orange or grapefruit juice, sugar and crushed ice. Pulse for another 3 to 5 minutes or until very smooth and well-blended. Pour into glasses. Divide chopped strawberries and garnish over each glass of smoothie. Sprinkle with ground flaxseed and serve immediately.
- Makes 1 to 2 servings.
- You can replace California orange with grapefruit, dragon fruit or passion fruit.
- Add flaxseed only if you are ready to serve the smoothie. If you wish to keep the smoothie for a few more hours, pour smoothie in glasses and chill. Sprinkle flaxseed just before serving.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 24, 2016 8:08 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Beverage • beverage recipes • Beverages • drink • drink recipes • drinks • fruit • fruit smoothie recipes • fruit smoothies • Garden strawberry • Recipe • Recipes • smoothie • smoothie recipes • smoothies • Strawberry Smoothie • Strawberry Smoothie Recipe • strawberry smoothie recipes • strawberry smoothies
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!