Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon granulated white
- 2 large bananas, peeled and cut in half
- ½ cup whole milk, well-chilled
- ½ cup strawberry-flavored yogurt
- Additional sweetener: honey or sugar, to taste
- ½ cup crushed ice
- Cut each strawberry in half and arrange, cut side up, on a shallow dish. Drizzle with fresh orange juice. Sprinkle with about 1 teaspoon sugar. Set aside for about 20 to 30 minutes or until you see strawberry juice pooling around the softened fruit.
- Transfer masticated strawberries into a blender. Pulse for 20 to 30 seconds or until just crushed. Add bananas, milk and strawberry-flavored yogurt. Pulse for a minute. Add honey or sugar, if you prefer a sweeter smoothie. Pour in the crushed ice. Continue pulsing for another 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth.
- Pour smoothie into a tall glass. If desired, garnish the rim of the glass with a strawberry. Serve right away.
- Masticated fruit must be used at once, otherwise, it would turn bitter, despite the sugar and fruit juice used as preservative.
- If strawberry-flavored yogurt is not available, use plain or vanilla yogurt beaten with strawberry-flavored juice drink powder or gelatin (dissolved in boiling water).
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 30, 2016 6:40 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Beverage • beverage recipes • Beverages • drink • drink recipes • drinks • Recipe • Recipes • smoothie • smoothie recipes • smoothies • Strawberry Smoothie • Strawberry Smoothie Recipe • strawberry smoothie recipes • strawberry smoothies
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!