Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
- ½ cup unsalted butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- 1-½ cups gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 1-½ cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 jar (12 ounces) strawberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously brush a 13x9x2-inch rectangular baking pan. Set aside.
- Combine together butter and gingersnap cookie crumbs in a food processor. Pulse until combined and mixture resembles a coarse meal. Transfer into a large bowl. Stir in oats, dark brown sugar and salt.
- Spoon about half the mixture onto the bottom of prepared pan. Press firmly with the bottom of a glass or cup. Spoon strawberry preserves over first layer of crust and spread evenly. Cover with remaining half of the cookie crust mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Remove pan from oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack. If desired, chill cake before serving. Cut into bars or squares before serving.
- For variety, chop fresh strawberries and heat with preserves. Allow to cool before spreading over first layer of gingersnap cookie crust. Follow the rest of the steps as per the recipe instructions.
- If desired, top each slice of cookie with a scoop of ice cream before serving.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 26, 2016 6:31 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: baking • Baking and Confections • bar cookie recipes • bar cookies • cookie recipes • cookies • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Oatmeal • oatmeal bar cookies • oatmeal bars • oatmeal cookies • Recipes • strawberries • strawberry bar cookies • strawberry cookie bars • strawberry oatmeal bar recipe • Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!