Strawberry Ice Cream
This Strawberry Ice Cream recipe creates a creamy strawberry ice cream, complete with chunks of delicious strawberries and swirls of sweet strawberry jam.
- 2 plus ½ cups fresh strawberries
- 1 8oz can evaporated milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 8oz tub cool whip or any frozen whipped topping
- ½ cup favorite strawberry jam, preserves or jelly
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 cups fresh strawberries, evaporated milk and granulated sugar. With a fork or a potato masher, mash those ingredients together completely.
- Pour the strawberry mixture into a medium skillet and heat over medium heat, stirring constantly to avoid sticking and burning. Reduce heat to low, cover and continue simmering, stirring occasionally, for ten to fifteen minutes, until soft bubbles form on the surface. Remove from heat and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Once chilled, slowly fold the cool whip into the strawberry mixture, 1/3 of the whipped topping at a time, until thoroughly combined. Return to the refrigerator for an additional two hours. Pour into your ice cream maker and follow normal preparation instructions.
- Once ice cream is finished, stir in remaining ½ cup of strawberries and pour into a large bowl; swirl in your favorite strawberry jam, jelly or preserves.
- Frozen strawberries are easily substituted for fresh strawberries without altering this recipe or flavor at all. Omit the strawberry jam for your preference.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
The Mother Tongue: English and How it Got that Way
With dazzling wit and astonishing insight, Bill Bryson—the acclaimed author of The Lost Continent—brilliantly explores the remarkable history, eccentricities, resilience a... read more →
Prices are accurate as of December 3, 2016 10:20 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Frozen • frozen dessert recipes • frozen desserts • ice cream • ice cream recipes • Recipes • strawberry • Strawberry Ice Cream • Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!