Strawberry Chiffon Cake
- 2 cups cake flour, sifted
- 1-¼ cups granulated white sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 6 large eggs, separated
- ¾ cup fresh strawberries, pureed
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon strawberry extract
- Few drops red or pink food color (optional)
- pinch of cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare a 10-inch tube pan. Make sure that it is dry and free of grease. Set aside.
- Combine together cake flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. Sift once. Set aside.
- Whisk together egg yolks, strawberry puree, corn oil, vanilla and strawberry extract. Mix until well-blended.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and pour in strawberry mixture. Add a few drops of food color, if desired, to enhance pinkish hue. Whisk carefully until color of batter is uniform with no white streaks. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites until frothy over medium speed. Beat in cream of tartar until mixture reaches soft peak stage. Gradually add sugar by the tablespoon while beating until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into strawberry mixture, about 1/3 at a time until blended and no white streaks remain.
- Pour batter into prepared tube pan. Run a knife through the batter to remove any air pockets. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until tester inserted comes out clean and top of cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Invert pan over a bottle and allow cake to cool completely in this position. To loosen cake, a spatula or thin knife along the sides of pan. Turn cake out onto a serving plate and cut into wedges before serving. Frost cake, if desired, and chill until frosting is firm.
- If desired, dice or coarsely chop about 1/3 to ½ cup fresh strawberries and stir into batter right before pouring into pan and bake cake according to recipe instructions.
- For variety, spread warmed strawberry jam over top of cake, arrange fresh strawberries decoratively and brush with cooked unflavored clear gelatin to seal. Chill for at least 6 hours or overnight. Cut into wedges before serving.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 23, 2016 8:04 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: baking • Baking and Confections • Cake • cake recipes • Cakes • chiffon cake recipes • chiffon cakes • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Recipes • strawberries • strawberry cake • strawberry cake recipes • strawberry cakes • Strawberry Chiffon Cake • strawberry chiffon cake recipe • strawberry dessert recipes • strawberry desserts • strawberry recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!