- 1-½ cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, loosely packed
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup strawberry jam
- 3 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- ½ cup strawberry jam
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, dissolved in
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, thinly sliced (for decoration)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Combine together vanilla wafer crumbs, light brown sugar and melted butter. Mix well until it resembles coarse crumbs. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 10-inch springform pan. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow to cool.
- Once crust is cool, warm jam until it reaches spreading consistency. Spread over pre-baked crust. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Set mixer speed to low and use paddle attachment. Beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Increase speed to medium and add sugar, beating continuously until mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in lemon juice, zest and sour cream. Beat in eggs one by one, beating well after each addition. Fold in diced strawberries.
- Carefully spoon filling over jam layer and smoothen top.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove pan from oven and allow to cool for 10 to 15 minutes on a wire rack. Run a knife along the sides of pan to loosen cake. Allow to cool completely, about 45 to 55 minutes longer. Cover pan with foil or plastic wrap and chill overnight.
- Place jam in a saucepan set over low heat. Whisk until it thins out. Continue whisking while adding dissolved cornstarch mixture. Cook until bubbly and thickened. Remove pan from heat and allow to cool until just lukewarm.
- Remove foil or plastic cover from pan. Remove pan sides. Set cheesecake on a serving dish. Spoon Strawberry Glaze over top of cake, allowing excess to run down the sides. Decorate with thin slices of fresh strawberries. Cut into wedges before serving.
- You may also opt to drizzle sauce over individual slices. Increase quantity of strawberries for topping, as needed. Serve strawberries whole or halved on the side of individual slices instead of using them as topping.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
The Mother Tongue: English and How it Got that Way
With dazzling wit and astonishing insight, Bill Bryson—the acclaimed author of The Lost Continent—brilliantly explores the remarkable history, eccentricities, resilience a... read more →
Prices are accurate as of December 3, 2016 10:20 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Baking and Confections • Cheesecake • cheesecake recipes • cheesecakes • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Recipes • strawberries • strawberry • strawberry cheesecake • Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe • strawberry cheesecake recipes • strawberry desserts • strawberry recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!