Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
- 1-1/3 cups vanilla wafer cookies, finely crushed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup white granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kirsch
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1-½ cups strawberry jam or preserves
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 13x9x2-inch rectangular pan with baking paper. Set aside.
- Combine together wafer crumbs and butter in food processor. Pulse until combined. Press firmly onto the bottom of lined pan. Chill until needed.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Beat in sugar until smooth and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in salt, vanilla and kirsch. Set aside.
- Beat sour cream until fluffy and nearly doubled in volume. Fold into cream cheese mixture. Spread about half of the mixture over chilled crust. Spread half of the strawberry jam or preserve over first layer of cream cheese mixture. Top with remaining cream cheese mixture and cover with remaining jam.
- Using a skewer or thin knife, swirl jam with the cream cheese mixture, being careful not to disturb the crust.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until tester inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack. Chill for 8 hours or overnight until firm. Cut into bars or squares before serving.
- For variety, cook about 1-½ cups diced strawberries in 2 tablespoons white sugar and 1 teaspoon cornstarch until thickened. Allow to cool completely. Use as filling on top of the first layer of cream cheese mixture. Use strawberry jam as top layer, as per recipe instructions.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of December 7, 2016 10:41 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: baking • Baking and Confections • bar cookie recipes • bar cookies • Cake • Cheesecake • cheesecake bar recipes • cheesecake bars • cheesecake recipes • cheesecakes • cookie recipes • cookies • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Recipes • Strawberry Cheesecake Bars • strawberry cheesecake bars recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!