- 1-½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- 2 to 3 tablespoons ice water
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups fresh spinach, chopped and loosely packed
- ½ cup Gruyere cheese, grated
- ½ cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup onions, sliced and separated into rings
- Combine flour, salt, and butter in a food processor. Pulse until texture resembles coarse crumbs. Add half the water and process again. Add more water, a few drops at a time, until dough holds together. Transfer onto a floured surface and pat into a flat disc. Place between two sheets of waxed paper. Chill for 10 minutes.
- Roll out dough and loosely fit onto the bottom of a 10-inch tart or pie pan. Place pan in refrigerator for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Gradually beat in cream. Beat eggs in a separate bowl. Gradually add to cream cheese mixture while beating continuously. Beat in salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Spread spinach on the bottom of pastry. Pour in cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with cheeses, and top with onion rings. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until quiche is set and tester inserted comes out clean.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to rest for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing. Cut into wedges before serving.
- Spinach also works well with tomato slices, black olives, onion rings, broccoli florets and such. Crumbled herbed or garlic Feta cheese would also make a good topping for this quiche recipe.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 26, 2016 6:31 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer recipes • appetizers • appetizers and snacks • breakfast • brunch • Egg • Fruit and Vegetable • Greens • quiche • quiche recipes • Spinach • Spinach Quiche • spinach quiche recipe • spinach quiche recipes • spinach recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!