Spinach Mushroom Quiche
- 1-½ cups all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 3 to 4 tablespoons ice water
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ½ cup onion, minced
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves, coarsely chopped and lightly packed
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Monterey Jack, shredded
- Combine together flour, salt and butter in a food processor. Process until texture resembles coarse crumbs. Add 3 tablespoons ice water. Process until dough begins to hold together. Add more water, a few drops at a time, if needed.
- Turn dough out on a floured board. Pat into a flat disc. Place between two layers of waxed paper and seal. Chill for 10 minutes.
- Roll out dough into a 12-inch circle. Peel off waxed paper and loosely fit pastry onto a 10-inch pie or tart pan. Crimp or flute edges, as desired. Chill pasty, in pan, for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Pour canola oil in a pan and set over medium heat. Sauté onions until wilted, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and continue cooking for another 3 minutes, stirring frequently, or until tender. Add spinach and cook until just wilted. Remove pan from heat. Set aside.
- Beat eggs with half and half, sour cream, cornstarch, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Spread cooked spinach mixture over pastry. Pour in beaten egg mixture. Sprinkle with Gruyere cheese. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until top is nearly set. Spread Monterey Jack on top of quiche and bake for another 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to reset before slicing. Cut into wedges before serving.
- For a slightly variation, add Cajun seasoning to egg mixture and sprinkle Gruyere mixed with minced jalapeños. You may also add a dash of cayenne pepper powder on the spinach mixture, if desired.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of December 7, 2016 10:41 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer recipes • appetizers • appetizers and snacks • brunch • Egg • Fruit and Vegetable • Greens • lunch • quiche • quiche appetizers • quiche recipes • Spinach • spinach and mushroom quiche • Spinach Mushroom Quiche • spinach quiche recipes • spinach recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!