Spinach Feta Quiche
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup multi-grain flour
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon ice water
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup herbed Feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ cup fresh chives, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup tomato, sliced into rounds
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Combine together flours, butter and cream in a food processor. Pulse until crumbly. Add ice water and process until dough begins to hold together. Transfer to a floured surface and knead for a minute, adding a drops of ice water, if dough is stiff.
- Pat into a flat disc and place between two sheets of waxed or parchment paper. Chill for 10 minutes.
- Roll out dough and loosely fit onto the bottom of a10-inch quiche or tart pan. Prick bottom of dough with a fork. Chill dough (in pan) for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and allow to rest for 3 to 5 minutes. Bake in preheated oven for 5 to 7 minutes or until just dry. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- Place spinach and garlic in a pan over medium-low heat. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice. Cover and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until wilted. Remove from heat and drain any excess liquid.
- Sprinkle crumbled Feta cheese over pre-baked crust. Spoon cooked spinach over Feta.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, nutmeg, thyme, chives, salt and pepper. Gradually pour over spinach layer. Top with tomato slices and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 to 55 minutes or until center is set and tester inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow quiche to rest for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing. Cut into wedges before serving.
- You may also add 2/3 cup of the following to the filling: sliced button mushrooms, pre-cooked cauliflower florets or broccoli, or cooked peas and carrots. Increase number of eggs to 6 and add 1/3 cup more of milk. Continue recipe as directed.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of January 23, 2017 4:22 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer recipes • appetizers • appetizers and snacks • breakfast • brunch • Feta • Fruit and Vegetable • Greens • Home • quiche • quiche appetizers • quiche recipes • snack recipes • snacks • Spinach • spinach and feta quiche. spinach quiche recipes. feta quiche recipes • Spinach Feta Quiche
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!