Spiced Pumpkin Ice Cream
A delicious, fall flavor inspired ice cream, packed with sweet pumpkin, cinnamon and nut meg!
- 1 8oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup whole or 2% milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¾ cups brown sugar
- Place the ice cream maker’s freezer tub in the freezer for a minimum of eight hours for ease in preparing this recipe.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, combine pumpkin puree, milk, syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and vanilla. Bring to a slow boil, reduce heat to low and cover with a lid; stir frequently to avoid burning. Simmer for 10 minutes, remove from heat and allow the pumpkin mixture to come to room temperature. In a mixing bowl with a hand mixer or whisk, beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Add in the brown sugar and beat on high until still peaks form. Once the pumpkin mixture has cooled, slowly fold it into the beaten cream, using only about ¼ of the mixture at a time and using slow turning movements to avoid losing the air that was whipped into the cream.
- Once it is entirely incorporated, chill in the refrigerator overnight. Once chilling is complete, pour the pumpkin cream into the frozen ice cream maker freezer and prepare the ice cream by following your maker’s instructions.
- This recipe creates a spiced, savory ice cream. For a sweeter ice cream, reduce the heavy cream to one cup and add in one 8oz can of sweetened condensed milk. Then, reduce the brown sugar to ½ of a cup and change the maple syrup to honey.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 27, 2016 6:36 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Baking and Confections • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Frozen • frozen dessert recipes • frozen desserts • ice cream • ice cream recipes • Pumpkin • Pumpkin pie • Recipes • Spiced Pumpkin Ice Cream • Spiced Pumpkin Ice Cream Recipe
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!