- 3 tablespoons cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup garlic, minced
- 1 cup red onion, minced
- ½ cup ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1.5 pounds baby potatoes, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Sautee garlic until fragrant and lightly browned. Add onions and stir until wilted, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes until juices begin to evaporate. Add potatoes and stir until combined. Cover and allow to cook for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drizzle with a little water if pan is dry.
- Beat eggs with parsley, salt and pepper until frothy. Once potatoes are tender, uncover and pour beaten egg mixture into pan. Allow for bottom to cook until set and lightly browned. Using two spatulas or pancake turners, gently lift edges of eggs and allow any remaining liquid portion to run down the bottom of pan. Carefully turn omelette over to cook the other side.
- Transfer onto a serving plate. If desired, cut into wedges, before serving. Serve hot with toast.
- Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- If a 12-inch skillet is not available, you may cook omelette into 2 batches. Remove half of sautéed potato mixture from pan and pour in half of beaten egg mixture. Cook as directed and repeat with the other half.
- Another variation is to spoon sautéed potato mixture into a non-stick muffin pan, about ½ full. Spoon beaten eggs over potato filling and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Bake in a preheated 350°F to 375°F oven for about 25 to 35 minutes or until eggs are set. Serve immediately.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 24, 2016 6:29 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!