Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 16 ounces crescent rolls
- 1/3 cup black currant preserves, warmed and divided
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush a 13x9-inch pan with melted butter or coat with cooking spray.
- Unroll crescent rolls and spread over bottom of pan. Pinch edges to seal. Brush with melted butter.
- Warm black currant preserves and spread evenly over crescent rolls. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Beat in confectioners’ sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, cream and almond extract, beating mixture well after each addition.
- Spoon batter over black currant layer and smoothen top.
- Open the remaining can of rolls and place over cream cheese mixture. Pinch edges to seal. Pour any remaining butter over top layer of roll.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until golden and tester inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars or squares before serving.
- If desired, combine 3 tablespoons light brown sugar (not packed) with 1 teaspoon cinnamon and sift over top layer (after butter is poured) and bake as directed. You may also choose to sift sugar-cinnamon mixture over cookie cake right after taking out of the oven.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 26, 2016 6:31 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: baking • Baking and Confections • bar cookie recipes • bar cookies • cookie recipes • cookies • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • mexican cookies • mexican desserts • mexican recipes • Recipes • sopapilla cheesecake bar recipe • Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!