- 2/3 cup unfrosted chocolate cake
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1/3 cup all-purpose cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 9 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Slice chocolate cakes into small cubes. Drizzle with rum and allow to soak for 5 minutes. Place cake in a food processor and pulse until crushed into fine crumbs.
- Combine cream and butter in a saucepan and set over low heat. Allow to boil. Remove from heat and pour boiling cream mixture over milk chocolate. Set aside for 3 to 5 minutes or until melted. Stir until smooth. Stir in chocolate cake crumbs, rum extract and vanilla. Chill until firm, about 2 to 3 hours. Roll chocolate mixture into balls and return to the refrigerator until coating is ready.
- Melt together dark chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of barely simmering water. Dip truffle balls into melted chocolate and arrange in a tray or baking dish lined with waxed paper. Chill until firm.
- Use finely crushed chocolate sandwich cookies in place of chocolate cake for more texture. Roll in finely chopped nuts, if desired.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 26, 2016 6:31 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Baking and Confections • Candy • candy recipes • Chocolate • chocolate desserts • chocolate recipes • chocolate truffles • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Recipes • rum desserts • rum recipes • Rum Truffles • Truffle • truffle recipes • truffles
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!