Rocky Road Squares
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup candied cherries
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 box (15 ounces) devil's food cake mix
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 13x9-inch baking pan and lightly dust with sifted cocoa powder. Set aside.
- Combine together walnuts, pecans, macadamia nuts, mini marshmallows, milk chocolate chips and candied cherries. Toss lightly until combined. Sprinkle with flour until coated. Set aside.
- Combine together cake mix, milk, dark brown sugar and egg. Mix well. Fold in floured nuts mixture. Spread onto prepared pan. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until set and tester inserted comes out with very few moist crumbs.
- Allow to cool in pan for 5 to 7 minutes. Score top with a knife according to preferred sizes of bars. Allow to cool completely. Cut into bars or squares before serving.
- Turn this recipe into a chocolate fruitcake by replacing floured nut mixture with your favorite assorted candied fruits. Bake in a 9-inch round pan. Drizzle fruitcake with simple syrup or warmed honey, if desired.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 27, 2016 8:23 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: baking • Baking and Confections • bar cookie recipes • bar cookies • chocolate desserts • chocolate recipes • cookie recipes • cookies • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Marshmallow • Recipes • rocky road bars • rocky road cookies • rocky road desserts • rocky road recipes • Rocky Road Squares
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!