Rocky Road Ice Cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup half and half
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cup mini marshmallows
- ½ cup pecan halves, roughly chopped
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine milk, heavy cream, half and half, sugar, salt and vanilla extract, stirring continuously until sugar has completely dissolved.
- Reduce heat to low once sugar has dissolved and cook for an additional ten minutes, until soft bubbles form along the edges. Remove from heat and allow cream to drop to room temperature.
- Refrigerate overnight, or for a minimum of eight hours.
- After chilling, pour the mixture into your ice cream maker’s freezer department and follow its normal instructions for churning homemade ice cream. Once completed, immediately stir in the chocolate chips, marshmallows and pecan pieces. These are stirred in after the ice cream is finished churning to keep these ingredients intact for that true rocky road taste and texture!
- If you prefer a marshmallow swirl instead of bite sized pieces of marshmallow, combine 1 cup marshmallow fluff and ½ cup karo syrup. It takes some time to work these two ingredients together but the finished product becomes thinner and much easier to work with. Once the ice cream has completed, use a cold butter knife to swirl the thinned marshmallow fluff into the ice cream.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of January 23, 2017 4:22 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Baking and Confections • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Frozen • frozen dessert • frozen dessert recipes • frozen desserts • ice cream • ice cream recipes • Other Desserts • Recipes • Rocky Road Ice Cream • Rocky Road Ice Cream Recipe
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!