Rocky Road Fudge
- 2 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons light cream
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon crème de menthe
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- ½ cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- ½ cup pistachios, toasted and chopped
- Line an 8-inch square pan with foil, allowing a portion to extend over the rims of pan. Generously brush foil with melted butter. Set pan aside.
- Brush the sides of a 3-quart pot with butter. Combine light brown sugar, light cream, cocoa powder, corn syrup and salt into buttered pot. Place over medium heat and cook until it comes to a boil, stirring constantly. Attach a candy thermometer onto the side of pot. Decrease heat to medium-low and continue boiling candy at a steady rate until it reads 236°F on the thermometer or soft-ball stage. This should be after about 10 minutes of cooking time.
- Remove pot from heat and add vanilla and crème de menthe without stirring. Allow to cool to 110°F without stirring. This should take about 1 hour and 25 minutes or so. Remove thermometer and use a wooden spoon to beat fudge vigorously until it starts to thicken. Stir in marshmallows, walnuts and pistachios. Continue beating with wooden spoon until fudge begins to lose its gloss, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer fudge into prepared pan and spread evenly. Score fudge with a knife while still warm. Allow fudge to cool completely to room temperature. Cut into squares along the scored lines before serving.
- Arrange candy on a serving plate and drizzle with chocolate sauce or melted caramel. You may replace marshmallows and nuts with your own choice of add-ons like dried mixed fruit or berries.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 27, 2016 6:36 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: baking • Baking and Confections • Candy • candy recipe • candy recipes • chocolate desserts • chocolate recipes • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Fudge • fudge recipe • fudge recipes • Recipes • Rocky Road Fudge • Rocky Road Fudge recipe
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!