Recipe for Strawberry Smoothie
- 1 pint fresh or frozen strawberries, stems removed
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 2 tablespoons rum or brandy
- 1-½ cups very cold milk
- 3 to 4 ice cubes
- ground cinnamon (for garnish)
- Place strawberries, sugar and brandy on a bowl. Set aside for at least 30 minutes, allowing strawberries to masticate.
- Place strawberry mixture in a blender with milk and ice cubes. Pulse for 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth. Pour into a tall, well-chilled glasses. Add a pinch of cinnamon on top of every glass. Stir, if desired. Serve immediately.
- If using frozen strawberries, thaw berries and drain well. Pat dry with paper towels. Excess water would interfere with mastication, preventing the berries from absorbing the rum.
- If you prefer this recipe alcohol-free, replace rum with fruit juice (lemon, pineapple, applesauce, etc.) of your choice.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of January 24, 2017 4:22 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Beverage • beverage recipes • Beverages • drink recipes • drinks • Garden strawberry • Recipe for Strawberry Smoothie • Recipes • smoothie • smoothie recipes • smoothies • Strawberry Smoothie • strawberry smoothie recipes • strawberry smoothies
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!