Recipe for Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 2 large bananas, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest, finely grated
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar, or to taste (optional)
- 1 cup vanilla-flavored yogurt, chilled
- 3 to 4 ice cubes
- 1 to 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- Toss together strawberries, banana slices, lemon juice and zest. Set aside for about 5 to 7 minutes to allow for fruits to absorb the lemony flavor.
- Transfer fruit mixture into a blender. Add sugar (if using), yogurt and ice cubes. Process for 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth and ice are completely crushed.
- Tilt 2 Collins glasses (they should be at a 45° angle). Use a spoon to drizzle melted chocolate along the sides of the glasses, moving the spoon back and forth while turning the glasses around to spread the zigzag pattern. (If desired, you can chill the glasses to set the chocolate, therefore, this should be done ahead.)
- Pour smoothie into prepared glasses. Serve immediately.
- If desired, you can sift 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder with ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon over each filled glass instead of drizzling with melted chocolate.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of December 7, 2016 10:41 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: banana • banana smoothie recipes • banana smoothies • Beverage • beverage recipes • Beverages • drink recipes • drinks • Recipe for Strawberry Banana Smoothie • Recipes • smoothie • smoothie recipes • smoothies • Strawberry Smoothie • strawberry smoothie recipes • strawberry smoothies
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!