- 2 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- ¼ cup raspberry jam
- ¼ cup fresh raspberries, chopped
- 8 ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- few drops red food coloring
- Combine butter, cream, semisweet chocolate and bittersweet chocolate in a heavy-bottomed pan. Set over low heat and stir until melted and smooth, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat. Stir in jam and fresh raspberries. Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours, or overnight until firm.
- Roll chocolate-raspberry mixture into 1-inch balls and arrange on wax paper-lined tray or baking sheet. Chill until coating is ready.
- Combine white chocolate and shortening in a heat-proof bowl and set over a pan of barely simmering water. Do not allow bottom of pan to touch the water. Stir until completely melted. Stir in a few drops of red food color until desired shade of pink or red is achieved. Dip balls in white chocolate mixture and return to the refrigerator until firm.
- Coat truffles in dark chocolate and drizzle with pink-tinted melted white chocolate or roll in finely chopped toasted nuts. You may also choose to slice each raspberry in half instead of chopping them, and cover with half-set truffle mixture then roll into a ball.
Tagged with: Baking and Confections • Candy • candy recipes • chocolate truffles • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • raspberry candy • raspberry desserts • Raspberry Truffles • Recipes • Truffle • truffle recipes • truffles
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!