Raspberry Smoothie Recipe
- 1 large orange, peeled (use orange for juice, reserve peel)
- 1/3 to ½ cup granulated white sugar OR ½ cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- ¼ to 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 1 large ripe banana, peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey, or to taste
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 cup raspberry or strawberry-flavored yogurt
- ½ cup unsweetened apple cider
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups crushed ice
- To make candied orange peel, remove the peel from orange. Remove the bitter white pith and slice peel into 2-inches (length) by 1/8-inch (width). Place strips of peel in a saucepan. Cover with water. Boil for 1 minute. Drain, and repeat procedure two more times. Set aside.
- Dissolve sugar in water. Transfer into a saucepan and cook for 5 to 7 minutes over medium-low heat without stirring. Add orange peel strips and cook for 25 to 35 minutes up to 45 minutes, or until orange peel strips are translucent. Do not stir to prevent the sugar from crystalizing.
- Drain candied peel strips. Reserve any remaining syrup for other use and spread peel strips on a wire or drying rack. Allow to dry for 3 to 5 hours before using.
- Wash berries under running water and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with white sugar. Allow to masticate for 30 minutes or 1 hour.
- Once sugar is completely fused into the berries, transfer into a blender. Add banana slices and orange juice. Pulse for 1 to 2 minutes or until pureed. Add honey, milk, yogurt, apple cider, orange zest, vanilla and crushed ice. Pulse for another 3 to 5 minutes or until smooth and well-blended.
- Pour smoothie into glasses and serve decorated with fresh blueberries or curls of candied orange peel.
- Makes 2 to 4 servings.
- Add spin to the candied orange peel by pouring in 1 teaspoon rum extract or ¼ cup rum into the syrup just before adding the orange peel strips. Follow the rest of the steps according to the recipe.
- For variety and if you do not have the time to make the candied orange peel, sprinkle tops of smoothie with fresh, finely grated orange peel instead.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 27, 2016 8:23 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Beverage • beverage recipes • Beverages • drink • drink recipes • drinks • fruit • fruit smoothie recipes • fruit smoothies • Raspberry Smoothie • Raspberry Smoothie Recipe • Recipe • Recipes • smoothie • smoothie recipes • smoothies
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!