Raspberry Cheesecake Bars
- 1-½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, chilled and diced
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoons rum extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush an 8x8x3-inch square pan with softened butter and line with baking paper. Brush with more butter and lightly dust bottom with flour. Set aside.
- Combine together flour, sugar and butter in a food processor. Pulse until crumbly. Add rum extract and pulse again for 30 to 45 second or until combined. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Chill, if desired, for about 10 minutes.
- Bake crust for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove pan from oven and set aside. Do not turn off the oven.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Beat in honey, rum extract, vanilla, and egg. Spoon over slightly cooled crust and smoothen.
- Place jam in a heat-proof bowl and set over a pan of simmering water. Stir until thinned out and spreadable. You can also microwave jam for 20 to 30 seconds, stirring every 5 to 10 seconds until thin. Do not heat through.
- Spoon teaspoonfuls of jam over cheesecake mixture. Use a skewer or thin knife to swirl and create a marbled effect, making certain not to poke the crust.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until top is set and tester inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool completely in pan, on a wire rack. Cut into squares or bars before serving.
- You may also add 1/3 cup chopped fresh raspberries to the cream cheese mixture. Omit raspberry jam as topping. Heat about 1 cup jam with a few drops of water. Drizzle over cake before cutting, or spoon over individual bars.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
The Mother Tongue: English and How it Got that Way
With dazzling wit and astonishing insight, Bill Bryson—the acclaimed author of The Lost Continent—brilliantly explores the remarkable history, eccentricities, resilience a... read more →
Prices are accurate as of December 3, 2016 10:20 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: baking • Baking and Confections • bar cookie recipes • bar cookies • Cheesecake • cookie bars • cookie recipes • cookies • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • raspberries • raspberry • raspberry bar cookies • raspberry bars • Raspberry Cheesecake Bars • raspberry cookies • raspberry desserts • raspberry recipes • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!