Quick and Easy Swiss Steak
- 1 pound boneless steak, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup onions, chopped
- 1 ounce gravy mix, dissolved in
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (14 ounces) stewed tomatoes, pureed
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- Pour about 1 tablespoon oil in a Dutch oven and set heat to medium.
- Toss beef in flour, salt and pepper until coated. Brown batches of beef in hot oil. Use a slotted spoon to remove beef pieces from pot. Once all of beef are fried, return to pot. Add onions, dissolved gravy mix and stewed tomatoes. Cover and allow to boil. Adjust heat to medium-low and cook for 40 to 50 minutes, adding more water as needed, until beef is tender.
- Add mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes. Transfer to a heat-proof dish and serve hot.
- Serve this dish on top of plain steamed rice or cooked pasta. You may also add fried potato and carrot cubes.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 26, 2016 8:17 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: beef • beef dinner • beef recipes • dinner • dinner recipes • easy swiss steak • easy swiss steak recipe • Marination • meat • Quick and Easy Swiss Steak • quick swiss steak • quick swiss steak recipe • Steak • steak recipes • swiss steak • swiss steak dinner • swiss steak recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!