Pumpkin Pie Squares
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, loosely packed
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 3-½ cups pumpkin puree
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1-½ cups white granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons fine white cornstarch
- 2-½ cups heavy whipping cream, chilled
- ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush a 13x9x2-inch rectangular pan with vegetable oil or melted unsalted butter. Line with a single layer of foil, allowing portions of the foil to hang over the rims. Set aside.
- Combine together flour, butter, sugar and pecans in a food processor. Process until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and halfway up the sides of prepared pan. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove pan from oven. Set aside.
- Combine together pureed pumpkin, evaporated milk, condensed milk, heavy cream, white sugar, salt, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl. Stir until combined.
- Crack eggs in a separate bowl and beat until frothy and pale. Whisk in cornstarch until dissolved. Whisk into pumpkin puree mixture.
- Spread over baked crust and smoothen top. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until center is set and tester inserted comes out clean. Remove pan from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Beat together cream and confectioners’ sugar until fluffy and thick. Beat in vanilla. Spread over cooled cake.
- Cut cake into squares before serving.
- You may choose to omit cream topping and use other toppings you prefer. You can also top each individual bar with a scoop of ice cream and sprinkle with chopped chocolate or candy sprinkles.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 30, 2016 6:40 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: baking • Baking and Confections • bar cookie recipes • bar cookies • cookie recipes • cookies • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Pumpkin • pumpkin bars • pumpkin cookies • pumpkin desserts • pumpkin pie bars • Pumpkin Pie Squares • pumpkin recipes • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!