Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 3 cups fresh pumpkin, cooked and pureed
- 3 large ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
- 2 cup vanilla yogurt, chilled
- ¼ cup honey, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 to 3 cups crushed ice
- whipped cream (for topping)
- Beat eggs until foamy and pale-colored. Set aside.
- Heat milk in a small pan over medium heat, or microwave on high for 2 to 5 minutes, until heated through. Remove from heat. Beat half of the milk gradually into the eggs until well-blended and eggs are tempered. Add egg mixture into the rest of the milk and reheat for another 2 to 3 minutes on stovetop, while stirring, or microwave for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 20 to 30 seconds. Allow to cool slightly.
- Pour egg mixture into a blender. Add pumpkin puree, banana slices, vanilla yogurt, honey, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and crushed ice. Pulse for 5 to 6 minutes or until all ingredients are well-blended and texture is very smooth.
- Pour smoothie into glasses and top with a piping of whipped cream just before serving.
- Makes 3 to 5 servings.
- Turn this smoothie recipe into a party version by adding about 2/3 to 1 cup rum or brandy into the blender right after adding the crushed ice. Proceed as per the rest of the recipe directions.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 29, 2016 6:39 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: beverage recipes • Beverages • drink recipes • drinks • fruit smoothie recipes • fruit smoothies • Pumpkin • Pumpkin and Squash • Pumpkin pie • Pumpkin Pie Smoothie • Pumpkin Pie Smoothie Recipe • Recipes • smoothie • smoothie recipes • smoothies
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!