Pecan Pie Cookies
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2-½ tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with waxed paper and set aside.
- Cream butter on medium speed for about 3 minutes or until smooth and creamy. Beat in sugar until fully incorporated. Continue beating for another 3 minutes or until mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in egg, followed by vanilla, until well-blended.
- Sift together flour and baking powder. Reduce speed to low. Beat into butter mixture in 3 to 4 additions, beating for an additional minute after adding each portion.
- Gather dough into a ball and roll into a two logs. Slice each log into 12 pieces. Shape each slice of dough into a ball and arrange onto prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Press down the center of each ball to form an indentation. Set aside.
- Combine together chopped pecans, light brown sugar, cream and vanilla. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of filling mixture into the indentations on each cookie dough.
- Bake cookies for about 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are crisp and golden-brown. Remove baking sheets from oven and allow cookie to cool on sheets for 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer onto wire racks and allow to cool completely.
- Makes about 24 to 30 cookies.
- For variation, fill indentations in each cookie dough with filling and re-roll dough into a ball. Place on a cookie sheets and flatten using the tines of a fork dipped in sifted confectioners’ sugar. Bake and cool cookies as per recipe directions.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 21, 2016 7:51 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Baking and Confections • Cookie • cookie recipes • cookies • dessert recipes • Desserts • Nuts and Seeds • Pecan • pecan cookie recipes • pecan cookies • pecan dessert recipes • Pecan pie • Pecan Pie Cookies • Pecan Pie Cookies Recipe • pecan recipes • pecans • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!