Pecan Crescent Cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted and divided
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup pecans, lightly toasted and chopped
- Ground cinnamon and nutmeg (for rolling)
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line baking sheets with baking paper or waxed paper. Set aside.
- Cream butter over medium speed or until smooth and creamy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add ¼ cup sugar, beating well for another 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla until well-blended.
- Combine together flour and salt. Sift flour mixture over butter mixture in two to three batches, beating on low speed until just blended into the mixture. Fold in chopped pecans until evenly distributed.
- Form dough into crescents, about 2 inches long. Arrange on prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake for 15 minutes or until exteriors are crispy. Interiors may still be moist and chewy. If you prefer drier and crunchier cookies, bake for another 3 to 5 minutes. Allow cookies to cool in baking sheets for about 2 minutes.
- Beat together remaining ¾ cup of confectioners’ sugar and a pinch each of cinnamon and nutmeg. Roll crescent cookies in this mixture and arrange on wire racks to cool completely.
- For a more nutty flavor and texture, reduce confectioners’ sugar for rolling to 2/3 cup and mix in 2 to 3 tablespoons finely ground pecans.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 20, 2016 7:46 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Baking and Confections • Cookie • cookie recipes • cookies • dessert recipes • Desserts • Pecan • pecan cookie recipes • pecan cookies • Pecan Crescent Cookies • Pecan Crescent Cookies Recipe • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!