- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-½ teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of coarse salt
- ¾ cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- Beat together sugar and butter until light and fluffy, about 4 to 6 minutes. Add in egg and continue beating for another 2 minutes. Beat in vanilla until evenly incorporated.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Beat into butter mixture in two to three batches, beating for an additional 1 to 2 minutes after each addition. Fold in chopped pecans until evenly distributed.
- Gather dough and form into a log, about 1-½ to 2 inches in diameter. Wrap in plastic and chill for at least 2 hours, or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush cookie sheets with additional butter, or lightly coat with butter cooking spray. Set aside.
- Unwrap cookie dough and slice into ½-inch thick pieces. Arrange on prepared cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are firm and golden.
- Cool cookies on the baking sheets for 2 to 3 minutes, then transfer onto wire racks until cooled completely to room temperature.
- If you prefer to turn this recipe into drop cookies, add a few drops of water or milk and stir using a rubber spatula until dough is really soft and mushy. Use a mini ice cream scoop or melon baller to spoon out dough and drop onto cookie sheets. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are firm and centers are still slightly chewy. Turn oven off and leave cookies inside for another 2 to 3 minutes until centers are firm. Otherwise, if you prefer chewy centers, take cookies out of the oven and cool as directed.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
The Mother Tongue: English and How it Got that Way
With dazzling wit and astonishing insight, Bill Bryson—the acclaimed author of The Lost Continent—brilliantly explores the remarkable history, eccentricities, resilience a... read more →
Prices are accurate as of December 3, 2016 10:20 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Baking and Confections • Cookie • cookie recipes • cookies • dessert recipes • Desserts • Holiday Cookies • Nuts and Seeds • Pecan • pecan cookies • Pecan Cookies Recipe • pecan dessert recipes • pecan desserts • pecan recipes • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!