Pecan Cookie Recipe
- ½ cup pecans, lightly toasted and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sour cream, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons pecans, toasted
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush cookie sheets generously with additional softened butter, or line with waxed paper. Set aside.
- Combine together pecans, sour cream and sugar until well-blended. Set aside.
- Place pecans in a food processor. Pulse until ground into very fine crumbs. Set aside.
- Cream butter over medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add light brown sugar. Continue beating for another 3 to 5 minutes or until very light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Beat for another minute to fully incorporate ingredients.
- Combine together finely ground pecans, flour, baking soda and salt. Sift over butter mixture in two to three batches, beating well for about 2 minutes per addition, until it gathers into a soft dough.
- If dough is too soft, place over a sheet of plastic, form into a ball and chill for about 20 to 30 minutes or until just firm enough to hold its shape.
- Otherwise, proceed with the succeeding steps. Gather dough into a ball and knead slightly. Take a small chunk of dough and form into a ball, about 1 inch in diameter. Place ball of dough onto prepared cookie sheet and slightly flatten using the heel of your hand or the base of a glass dipped in flour. Using your thumb, press down lightly to create an indentation in the center of the dough. Repeat with remaining dough, spacing each about 1-½ to 2 inches apart.
- Fill each indentation with the pecan filling. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until lightly golden and edges are firm and crispy.
- Cool cookies for 3 to 5 minutes on the sheets and transfer onto wire racks until completely cooled.
- If you prefer a caramelized filling, cook together sugar and pecans with a few drops of water in saucepan until sugar melted and syrupy. Replace sour cream with diced unsalted butter. Remove saucepan from heat and stir in butter until completely melted. Allow to cool before using, otherwise, the hot caramel will melt the cookie dough.
- If desired, sprinkle tops of cookies with ground cinnamon and nutmeg before baking.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 27, 2016 6:36 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Baking and Confections • Cookie • cookie recipes • cookies • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Holiday Cookies • Nuts and Seeds • Pecan • pecan cookie recipe • pecan cookie recipes • pecan cookies • Recipe For Pecan Cookies • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!