Oven Baked Chicken Legs
- 6 to 8 whole chicken legs (thighs and drumsticks), skin on
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt,
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper powder or to taste (optional)
- Wash chicken legs carefully under running water. Pat dry with paper towels. Drizzle chicken legs with lemon juice and set aside for about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a 13x9-inch rimmed pan with foil. Lightly coat foil with vegetable spray. Spray or brush a wire rack with oil or cooking spray and set over baking pan. Set aside.
- Mix together salt, ground black pepper, garlic powder, cayenne pepper. Rub onto chicken legs. Arrange chicken legs into a circle onto oiled wire rack. Make sure that the thickest portions of the legs (specifically, the thigh portions) are facing outward and the bones are facing inwards.
- Bake for about 35 to 45 minutes. You can also test the internal temperature of the chicken. The meatiest portions should register about 185°F in a meat thermometer, to ensure doneness.
- Allow chicken to rest for 8 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- You can trim off any fats from the legs, however, leaving them on would add more flavor to the chicken meat once cooked.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 20, 2016 7:46 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: baked chicken • baked chicken recipes • Chicken • chicken leg recipes • chicken legs • chicken recipes • dinner • dinner recipes • meat • Oven Baked Chicken Legs • Oven Baked Chicken Legs Recipe • Poultry • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!