Oven Baked Chicken Breast
- 6 whole chicken breasts with skin and bones
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely snipped
- 2 teaspoons fresh sage, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a 9x13-inch rimmed baking pan with a double layer of foil. Brush top layer with additional softened butter. Set aside.
- Trim off all of the fats from chicken, but leave the skin and bones on. Pat chicken breasts dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- Whisk together butter, rosemary, thyme, chives, sage, salt and pepper until well-blended and smooth.
- Rub about 1 to 2 teaspoons of butter mixture under the skin of each chicken breast. Arrange chicken onto prepared pan. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until cooked through. (Baste chicken with remaining butter-herb mixture every 10 to 15 minutes while baking.)
- Allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Serve while hot.
- If using dry herbs, reduce quantity to ½ tablespoon or about 2 teaspoons each.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of December 7, 2016 10:41 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!