Oven Baked Barbeque Chicken
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ½ cup fresh garlic, minced
- ½ cup white onion, finely minced
- 2 cups tomato ketchup
- ¾ cup Bourbon
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper powder (optional)
- 1 whole chicken (about 6 to 8 pounds), cut into pieces
- 2 to 3 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed 9x13-inch baking pan with two sheets of foil. Brush a wire rack with oil. Set over foil-lined pan and set aside.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels.
- Combine together salt, garlic powder and ground black pepper. Rub half of this mixture onto the exterior of the chicken. Sprinkle the remaining half into the chicken cavity. Loosely wrap chicken in foil. Set chicken over wire rack, seam side down. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, then take chicken, wire rack and pan out of the oven.
- While chicken is baking, pour oil into a saucepan and set over medium heat. Once hot, sauté garlic until fragrant and lightly browned. Add onion and continue sautéing for another 2 to 3 minutes or until wilted and tender. Stir in tomato ketchup and bourbon. Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for 1 minute. Add the rest of the sauce ingredients and continue simmering, with frequent stirring, until thickened, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and set aside until needed.
- Drain off fat drippings from foil-lined pan. Remove foil wrapping from the chicken. Set chicken directly onto foil-lined pan. Spoon slightly cooled sauce all over chicken. Bake, uncovered, for another 30 minutes or until completely cooked and juices run clear.
- Allow chicken to rest for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting up into serving pieces.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- If desired, pour any remaining sauce from baking pan into a saucepan. Heat for another 5 to 10 minutes or until bubbly and serve as dipping sauce.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 20, 2016 7:46 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: babeque chicken • baked chicken • baked chicken recipes • Barbecue sauce • barbeque chicken recipes • Chicken • chicken recipes • meat • Oven Baked Barbeque Chicken • Oven Baked Barbeque Chicken Recipe • Poultry • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!