Orange Mango French Toast
- 4 fresh oranges
- 2 large mangoes
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, finely grated
- Juice of 1 whole lemon
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
- mint leaves, finely chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 10 slices bread
- Peel all three oranges and separate into segments, making sure to remove membranes. Save any excess orange juice and combine with 2 tablespoons orange juice.
- Peel and dice mango. Combine any excess juice with orange juice. Set diced mango aside.
- Combine water, orange-mango juice, orange zest, lemon juice, lemon zest, light brown sugar, honey and orange liqueur in a pan. Cool over medium heat until about to boil. Add orange segments and diced mango. Cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until fruit are tender and compote has reached a glaze-like consistency. Remove from heat but do not uncover.
- Whisk eggs until pale-colored and frothy. Whisk in cream, honey and cinnamon.
- Brush both sides of each bread slice with butter. Soak each slice of bread in beaten egg mixture.
- Lightly brush a non-stick skillet with remaining butter and place over medium-low heat. Place 1 to 2 slices of soaked bread on the hot skillet and cook until golden brown. Turn bread over and cook the other side. Repeat with remaining bread slices, brushing skillet with more butter, if needed.
- Slice each toast diagonally to make two triangles. Place 1 toasted triangle on a plate. Spoon with a little of the warm compote over toast, top with another triangle of toast, then spoon compote liberally over the stack. Sprinkle chopped mint leaves over each serving.
- Pipe some whipped cream over toasts before spooning final layer of compote over the stack. Drizzle top with chocolate sauce, if desired.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Death in Holy Orders (Adam Dalgliesh Mysteries Book 11)
From the award-winning master of literary crime fiction, a classic work rich in tense drama and psychological insight.On the East Anglian seacoast, a small theological college... read more →
Prices are accurate as of January 18, 2017 4:04 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: breakfast • breakfast recipes • brunch • brunch recipes • french toast • french toast recipes • mango • mango french toast • mango recipes • orange • orange french toast • Orange Mango French Toast • orange recipes • tropical french toast • tropical recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!