Orange Chocolate Cheesecake
- 1-¼ cups chocolate graham crumbs
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 24 ounces (three 8-ounce packages) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 4 large egg yolks
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons orange extract or 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, finely grated
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 4 large egg whites
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- Preheat oven to 320°F.
- Combine together chocolate graham crumbs, light brown sugar and orange extract. Mix in melted butter until well combined. Press onto the bottom and about 1 to 1-½ inches up the sides of an ungreased 9-inch springform pan. Chill until needed.
- Cream together cream cheese, mascarpone and light brown sugar until smooth and creamy. Beat in egg yolks one at a time, beating well and scraping down the sides of bowl after each addition. Beat in sour cream, orange juice, vanilla, orange extract or liqueur and orange zest. Mix until well blended.
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips and allow to cool slightly. Remove 2 cups of cream cheese mixture and set aside. Mix remainder of plain cheesecake mixture into melted chocolate. Spread chocolate-cheese mixture over prepared crust. Spoon plain cheese mixture over chocolate mixture into heaps. Run a knife through both mixtures to create a marbled effect. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites over high speed until frothy. Add cream of tartar and continue beating until stiff. Adjust speed to low and beat in confectioners’ sugar and orange extract until combined.
- Spoon or pipe meringue over cheesecake. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until just set and meringue is lightly browned. Remove pan from oven. Run a thin knife around the edges of pan to loosen cake. Remove sides of pan and set cake over a wire rack. Allow to cool completely.
- Once cheesecake is completely cooled, chill for at least 4 hours or overnight before cutting.
- Omit meringue topping and decorate cake top with candied orange slices. Serve each wedge with whipped cream. Drizzle cheesecake with warmed orange preserve before serving, if desired.
Bestselling Kindle Cake Cookbooks on Amazon
Sally's Baking Addiction: Irresistible Cupcakes, Cookies, and Desserts for Your Sweet Tooth Fix
Named by Huffington Post as one of the “Top 10 Food Blogs to Watch” in 2013, Sally’s Baking Addiction has skyrocketed in popularity since its inception in late 2011. Ba... read more →
Prices are accurate as of January 17, 2017 12:15 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Baking and Confections • Cake • Cheesecake • cheesecakes • Chocolate • chocolate cheesecake • chocolate desserts • Cream cheese • Dessert • Desserts • orange • orange chocolate • Orange Chocolate Cheesecake • orange chocolate desserts • orange chocolate recipes • orange desserts • Springform pan
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!